The cloud leverages semantic technologies to deliver innovative one-console management and monitoring solutions to managers. The console provides for a comprehensive end to end view of all activities underway within the operating environment by abstracting it from the underlying complexity of the data center. It automates workflows; enables information and knowledge management; facilitates collaborative operations management and provides for a visual exploration of information.
The management platform integrates all infrastructure and applications in use through an API and builds up an “in-memory” scalable, semantic database to collect, collate and inform on the various layers within the data center. The semantic engine makes the connections between the applications, network and storage and displays the dynamically changing connection maps to the end user in user friendly graphical interfaces. Administrators can granularly monitor users, applications, virtual machines or any kind of hardware sitting at the console.
A fused in policy engine comes packaged with the management console. Enterprise IT Administrators can implement enterprise specific policies or customize pre-packaged policies to meet the underlying rules of the organization. Notifications, alerts and event logs can be activated to simplify and speedup processes—such as root cause analysis and error handling–and identify failures or even unusual user activity. Cutting edge technology for search, collaboration and exploration can be made available for Business intelligence activities of the enterprise.
Optimization of resource use is automatic in the cloud. Business level resources like customer catalogs can be integrated with the available IT stack at the data center. The software constructs leverages native functionalities of the data center with tight API integration to deliver efficiencies of resource usage. Advanced storage features like thin provisioning and storage assisted cloning and snapping can be used for rapid provisioning of enterprise applications and workloads with minimum use of infrastructure; without manual intervention of the Administrator.
In short, the central management console facilitates the operations manager:
- Simplifying administration by provisioning for dashboards that provide a unified view of the entire system.
- Providing unified view of all infrastructure, applications and resources
- Identifying risks, problems and optimization opportunities at a glance.
- Optimizing the use of IT resources; increasing application accessibility, performance and stability.
- Integrating business level information with data centre resource information
- Automatically tracking events, errors and notifying the administrator through pre-defined notifications and alerts.
- Provisioning for storage assisted cloning of enterprise workloads in the physical and virtual machines.